Ways to help spinal problems
The spine is made up of 24 vertebrae and is surrounded by interconnecting structures including discs, joints, ligaments, muscles, nerves and tendons. Because of its intricate make-up, spinal problems are extremely common, with approximately 80% of people experiencing backbone-related symptoms during their lifetime. Spinal problems can be extremely painful as well as restricting movement.
The causes of spinal problems
Spinal problems may be caused by:
- Sitting, standing or bending down for prolonged periods
- Carrying or lifting heavy loads
- Bad posture
- A slipped disc
- A spinal fracture
- Spinal stenosis
- Degenerative disc disease
- Osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis
Treating spinal problems
The following measures may help to relieve pain and promote recovery if you are experiencing spinal problems:
- Staying active and undertaking gentle exercise
- Taking over-the-counter medicines such as paracetamol and ibuprofen (consult your GP first)
- Using hot or cold compression packs
- Physiotherapy, osteopathy or chiropractic treatment, including massage and manipulation
- Surgery in cases of extreme or chronic spinal problems
Correcting bad posture
Posture – the way you sit, lie, stand and lift – plays a huge part in preventing spinal problems as well as easing them if they do occur. For this reason, it is important that you find a chair that supports your back well, relieves the pain caused by spinal problems and helps you to correct any bad posture.
Electric recliner chairs allow you to transition easily from a seated to a standing position and vice versa, which may be difficult or painful otherwise. Because electric recliner chairs are adjustable, they support the back and help to keep it moving without adding strain.
Arise Mobility is a specialist in providing electric recliner chairs for those with spinal problems and a wide range of other medical conditions. Contact Arise today for more information about the company’s electric recliner chairs.
recliner chair | riser recliner chairs | electric recliner chairs | motion chairs | adjustable chairs | electric lifting chair | adjustable chairs for the elderly | fabric recliner chairs | adjustable chairs without wheels |electric tilting chairs